What should you remember when choosing white skirting boards?
Are you furnishing your new apartment? You have probably already chosen the general interior color scheme, style of arrangement and type of flooring. But have you focused on the details? For example - what kind of skirting boards do you plan to install? If you have not yet thought about this detail, we are here to help.
Skirting boards are a finishing element that is of great functional importance. Whether the floor panels will look beautiful depends on their quality, durability and appearance. Even the most beautiful panels will not give their shine if they are not accompanied by a properly selected skirting board...
Perhaps you will like stylish and elegant white skirting boards - thanks to them every interior becomes a bit more… fancy. See what boards are available in our offer and what to pay attention to when choosing.
Why is it worth choosing white skirting boards?
When choosing skirting boards, pay attention to the function they will perform in your apartment. You install skirting boards to hide the expansion gap between the floor and the wall. As a result, the interior looks aesthetically pleasing, and the gaps do not accumulate dirt. In addition, the skirting board protects the wall against dirt and damage, e.g. from a vacuum cleaner. The boards are therefore both an element of interior design and a practical detail. In addition, if necessary, they will hide any cables and other connections inside. That is why the proper selection of skirting boards is such an important matter.
But why choose white skirting boards, when there are also those imitating natural colors and textures of wood on the market? Well, white strips have a whole range of advantages and when properly installed, they will allow you to enjoy a beautiful interior for many years to come. Why?
- Match almost any type and color of floor.
- They are universal and fit almost any style
- Can be painted in any color.
- They can be used not only as a floor finish, but also as an independent design element.
- Well arranged, they will attract attention and add style to the interior.
White skirting boards - which type to choose
As in the case of panels, skirting boards are made of various materials that differ in quality and other important features. Since you have spent a lot of time on choosing the right panels, why would you be indifferent to the topic of skirting? White skirting boards can be made of MDF, PVC and HDPS. But do you know what these abbreviations mean? If not, find the solution to the puzzle below.
Skirting boards made of MDF
- Traditional boards made of wood-based panels.
- Large price range depending on the quality of the material
- A very large selection of shapes and patterns due to the ease of forming the structure.
- Resistant to bumps and scratches.
- Requires cutting at an angle - no accessories
- Usually can be mounted both with glue and with clips
- It is not water resistant - even a small amount of water can do a lot of damage.
- Troublesome to install - you need to protect the edges with silicone to prevent dirt and moisture from getting underneath.
PVC skirting boards
- Made of plastic.
- Almost unlimited number of shades - you can easily match the color of the skirting board to the floor.
- High resistance to mechanical damage.
- Easy to install - with rubber bands around the edges, no need to use silicone or trim. The collections include internal and external corners and other accessories. The perfect solution for your own assembly.
- Installation with dowels or glue.
- Several patterns and shapes - you are not condemned to the classic S.
- It comes in two versions:
o PVC boards with cable channel
o Solid PVC boards
- Improved version of channel boards.
- Even better quality.
- Even more impact resistant.
- A noble surface that gives it an elegant look.
HDPS skirting boards
- Made of 100% PVC free
- Very light.
- Extremely resistant to mechanical damage.
- Extremely elegant and stylish appearance.
- High product quality.
- They have all the features of solid PVC boards, but without the use of PVC.
Are white boards always the best choice?
Of course not. After all, what one customer likes, will not necessarily suit the taste of the next. Fashion in interior design is as diverse as on the catwalks. Pay attention to how many factors depends on how you choose the skirting boards. You can match them to many elements of the apartment:
- to the floor,
- for walls,
- for woodwork,
- to other interior design elements: furniture and accessories,
- or as a completely contrasting element.
It depends on you what kind of interior you expect. Perhaps you want to achieve a specific effect, e.g. you want to optically enlarge the apartment - then you will choose boards in the color of the panels. Therefore, it cannot be said in general that one solution is better and the other is worse, because you decide how you choose the skirting boards. White, however, is so much more universal that they match most colors and styles, and if this happens one in a million, that they just clash with a certain color, they can always be repainted.
Well-chosen skirting boards are the key to a beautiful interior!
When you arrange an apartment, you often focus on these big things. What floor, what walls, what furniture you’d like. But when you get into the details, you just want to get it over with. Unfortunately, sometimes the smallest detail can spoil the final effect. So don't let go and take the time to choose your skirting boards. White, the shade of the floor or colored - no matter. As long as they perfectly complement the whole interior - because this is your dream interior.